Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Sets Of My Childood THE SERIES! Part 3:1996 Topps Broadway's Review

Welcome to the new series here on Sport Card Collectors!

I decided not only would I make a want list of each of the sets I am chasing in a tab, but I thought a little breakdown and feature may help get me more set help. I am sure many of the sets I am seeking are nickel and dime type of cards so I am hoping my trader friends can be on the lookout for any I don't have.
I will say this without a blink of an eye, Topps celebratory 40th anniversary of making football cards in 1996 put out the best inserts possibly ever from them. At least in my opinion. This is another one that will have multiple sets I am chasing on here. 

Another great thing about Topps is that you could always guarantee to find product of it somewhere.

This Broadway Joe set has Joe Namath discussing some of the top QB's in the game. The fronts feature shiny-spectacle that you would expect to see in a Broadway show. The good thing about this set is there are only 10 cards to chase and it doesn't appear many go for that much. I almost have 50% of the set so that helps as well. These fell at different rates in packs depending on what you bought.  Either 1:12 hobby or 1:8 retail are the main two sources.

My current haves are,
2,3,5, and 8,

I promise you all this isn't all going to be a series on pigskin needs, there will be some baseball and basketball posts as well. But, for now, there is a lot of football to get done.

How many of you remember or collected these?

No comments:

Post a Comment