Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Living The Americana Dream Part 2:Box 1

In my latest trade with the great Shane from Project Pedro Blog, I was able to trade for some boxes from him from the Black Friday sale on Dacardworld.

I could have chosen baseball, football, basketball, hockey or any other sport. But what did I end up with? Well, three boxes of 2015 Panini Americana.

My love of non sport cards continues to grow and my love of this product has as well. The price of a box being around $25 and under along with four hits is so enticing you just can't ignore it. The checklist of autographs and wardrobe relics you could hit has a good mix of superstars and people you may not know as well but it was enough to entice me to want more.

Over the next few days I will break down the hits of each box I opened and today we kick it off with box #1.

I absolutely dig these Freeze Frames and consider them hits more than I do inserts. The inserts were very boring and plain but these look fantastic with a "slide" inserted in them. I am chasing this set as well. My childhood was revisited some with Winnie find
 
My first autograph is Tony Sirico. He is best known for his role on the Sopranos. I think he has a really nice signature. Maybe he should give others some lessons.

 
Next autograph is DJ Kool. Let me clear my throat, see what I did there, before showing his card off. He was a late 80's rap singer. The DJ is really cool looking on his signature.

 
Next autograph is of Vince Neil. I think he could have used some work on his signature that for sure. He was the lead singer for Motley Crue.

 
My last hit was these nice swatches from Eva Marie. The card is numbered 7/10. She is best known for being a professional wrestler but has had other professions as well.
 
 
For $22 you really can't go wrong with a break like this. Honestly, it's foolish that this product is still sitting on the shelves so cheap. 

Box 2 will be posted tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment