Monday, November 27, 2017

REVIEW:2017 Topps High Tek (BONUS AUTO!)

Not along ago, a prospect focused Bowman High Tek was released and now it's time to get the veterans and rookies from 2017 their due in Topps High Tek.

Topps High Tek brings all of the foil patterned fun and packs it into a 40 card box. So let's take a dive in for this Topps latest product.
In every box of 2017 Topps High Tek baseball, you will find 40 cards. Two of those 40 will be signed on-card and there will be 4 others that are blackout parallels. Boxes run over $120 currently. 

Here is the complicated part of the product. The base set has many levels of rarity and patterns for its 112 cards. In this one box alone, I found 12 different patterns.

Your best luck to spot the differences like I did is to use this guide on Cardboard Connection to help you check out the differences. You can find that HERE.

As for the look, I really dig the design on these with rainbow acetate and foil patterns. But, the best part is the added photo sideways pic. It just adds to the overall appeal.



 
The man! I have two of many but it's a great start. Some of the coolest looking juniors I have added this year.

 
Here are the backs of the cards. I don't normally point out card backs, though I do appreciate them, but had to show you how great these look as well.

 
The base set also has 5 Sp photo variations that are called Clubhouse Image Variations. These are numbered to 50. There are autographs of those as well.
 
Now time to talk parallels. If you liked the base, the parallels are an amped up version of the base.

Tidal Diffractor /250:

 
Green Rainbow /99

 
Blackout parallels which are 4 per box and look even sweeter than the base. These stand way out when you pull them out of the box.

 
Here are the backs as you would expect they are blacked out.

 
Other finds for parallels include, Blue Rainbow /75, Orange Magma Diffractor /25, Red Orbit Diffractor /10, and Gold Galactic Diffractor 1/1.

Now time for the autographs that added a bit of a surprise.

My first autograph is of David Price. It's a Blackout parallel /50

 
My second Autograph is of rookie Christian Arroyo

 
Then a couple of base cards later and I found this sweet bonus! This was only my second ever redemption card find from Topps unlike Panini where I have had 20+.
 
 
Other parallels for the autographs include, Green Rainbow /75, Blue Rainbow /50, Orange Magma Diffractor /25, Red Orbit Diffractor /10, and Gold Galactic Diffractor 1/1.
 
Other hits not found include, Jubilation, Jubilation Autographs, Rookie Tek ,Rookie Tek Autographs, TwiliTEK , TwiliTEK Autographs and Tek Buyback Autographs.
 
OVERALL, even with the tough-to-tell-the-difference patterns, this was probably one of my more fun breaks this year. I enjoyed looking at every card spotting the fun patterns and the players. I really like the players chosen for the set as it's a great mix of old and new.

I do think a lot of collectors will be turned off by so many variations and then parallels in this product as that's always a concern with collectors I have seen on forums and Twitter.

Please make sure to take a minute out to thank Topps for providing this box for me to review as they help provide prizes for me to giveaway in a new promotion coming up soon for the holidays! Follow Topps on all social media sites and visit their SITE, as well 

No comments:

Post a Comment