Friday, October 6, 2017

REVIEW:2017 Panini Absolute Football

One of my favorite NFL releases every year is Absolute Memorabilia. I can't explain why, it just is.

I think one of my favorite things about the product is the Tools Of The Trade memorabilia line. Some cool swatches I have pulled in the past and the variety of memorabilia is fun as well.

Let's see how the 2017 version went.

 
In every hobby box of Absolute Memorabilia football, there are 3 box packs with 5 cards per pack. Boxes come with 5 hits including three autographs. Boxes run around $130 which for 5 hits isn't terrible. There will also be one parallel and one insert per box as well.
 
The 200-card base set includes 50 Retired players and 50 Rookies, each numbered to 499. The base design sticks to the normal foil background and player forefront like it always has.




Key Rookies to find in here are, Mitchell Trubisky, Patrick Mahomes, Deshaun Watson, Christian McCaffrey, Mike Williams, John Ross, Corey Davis, Leonard Fournette, O.J. Howard, Dalvin Cook, Kareem Hunt, DeShone Kizer, Corey Davis, Kenny Golladay, and Chris Godwin.


Like with every product, there are parallels. Mine was a Spectrum Red /100 of Cardinals Chad Williams.

 
There is also Spectrum Blue, Spectrum Green #/25, Spectrum Purple #/5, and Printing Plates 1/1.
 
Rookie Roundup was my insert pull. Very reminiscent of something you would find in Unparalleled.


Other insert finds you can find are Fantasy Flashbacks, Glass, Kickoff,Unsung Heroes, and Hurdles.
 
Now onto my hits! My box actually had an extra pull.
 
My first finds were Absolute Rookie Jerseys /99.


Here was my Tools Of The Trade pull of Raiders dominant Khalil Mack. To me, it looks like football, glove and jersey. I did read the back but no info was given on where these are from. Actually, the back design was very bland just saying it was "player worn". I think I liked past designs where they had a player and the pieces were pointed to which part of the uniform they were from.

Here are some of the pieces of memorablia you can find this year in Tools of the Trade! Find unique materials including jerseys, gloves, footballs, pants, socks, shoes, helmets, hats and jackets! How cool is that!!!

My first autograph pull was this Absolute Heroes Autographs of Gilbert Brown. It's fun to find players autographs you had long forgot about. Makes it even better for team collectors.

 
My next find was this Solomon Thomas Rookie Reflex Signatures /25. He seems to be stalking me this year.

 
My final pull was this RPS of Evan Engram. These are apart of the base set technically but like I said I don't count auto/mem cards as apart of the base set in my mind. There are 40 cards to collect and you can find 3 and 4 and 5 piece versions with that unique memorabilia as well. This obviously jersey, football and then I don't know. Pants maybe? The texture is different.


Other hits not found in my box include, Absolute Heroes Autograph Jersey Number ,Absolute Ink Autographs, Absolute Ink Jersey Number, Ground Hoggs Relics , Historical Duals Relics Prime, HOF Jersey Autographs,HOF Jersey Autographs Prime,Team Tandem Duals Relics, Tools of the Trade,Triple Relics Autographs,Tools of the Trade Quad Relics ,Tools of the Trade Five Relics, Tools of the Trade Double Relic Autographs Prime, Tools of the Trade Double Relics, Historical Trios Relics Prime, Historical Trios Relics, Historical Duals Relics, Head to Toe Relics, Catching Fire Relics, Canton Absolutes Relics, Air Raid Relics, Iconic Quad Autographs, Jumbo NFL Shields , Jumbo Cleats
Jumbo Relics , Iconic Ink Trio Autographs, Iconic Ink Dual, Iconic Ink ,Marks of Fame Autographs
Marks of Fame Jersey Number Autographs, and Rookie Force Relics. 

A LOT OF HITS TO FIND!!!

OVERALL: I didn't hit it big, but I was really happy with the outcome and that's not just because of the future Pro Bowl TE Evan Engram or finding an extra hit. I was happy even before that. I like the designs and the memorabilia options you can find in here. There is plenty of cool hits waiting to be found from rookies to Hall of Famers and even some underdogs. 

I think for the amount of hits found, the box price is where it should be. I also think for those of you who like to wait for prices to drop that isn't a bad idea either.

My only problem with the product was the lack of card back detail. The card backs for the autographs and memorabilia cards lacked any form of writing other than saying it was authentic and the memorabilia on the front wasn't specified which makes the search fun but it would be nice to know what the specific item used was.

Other than that, I am once again happy with Absolute Memorabilia.

Please make sure to take a minute out to thank Panini America for providing this box for me to review and to be able to add more cards to my Player Of The Day contest.

No comments:

Post a Comment