Saturday, October 14, 2017

MVP Gold

We are actually closing in on the end of the Hampton posts or at least the ones I needed catching up on.

Today we travel back to 1996 to a simpler time in the hobby. Back to when the inserts were actually valuable and it wasn't all about big money hits. Back when pulling a big name player of an insert from Collectors Choice meant something.

To me, I still think of the hobby that way when I buy the 90's stuff. If I beat the box odds and pulled an Emmitt Smith of today's 1:35 pack pull card, I would be super stoked. It doesn't need to be signed or have a patch.

Which is why I am so happy when I get to add a tougher to pull card that averages one per box to my PC. I was also a huge fan of these foiled inserts that fell one-per-pack for the regular issue back then.
I have the regular Hampton, now I have the tougher gold thanks to Jammin JD Sport Cards.
The only difference between this card and it's base version, this one has gold foil instead of silver. 

Another Hampton down and still more than 50% to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment