Monday, October 2, 2017

Giants In My Cardboard Clubhouse

There are a lot of generous people in this hobby and especially in the blogging world. One of my recent run-ins with that generosity came from Cardboard Clubhouse. He had some NY Giants he wanted to send my way.

This years Giants team is very reminiscent of the disappointing Giants teams of the 90's which is where these cards came from. I always had big expectations of those teams, but they always had little showing. I am hoping this years team is more reminiscent of the Bills late 90's team that started off 0-3 and made the playoffs. Not sure I see that happening however with this offensive line and defense that has taken a step back and the fact they are now 0-4.

Speaking of defense, Jason Sehorn was such an up and down player. One week he could shut down Michael Irvin and then the next week give up 100 yards to Herman Moore. Keith Hamilton was always a solid defensive player.


Armstead was one of my favorite LB's on the Giants in the late 90's. I will never forget his interception in the Super Bowl vs the Ravens where it was called back on a terrible holding penalty. That game may had turned out different had it not been for that. Momentum shifted big time after.


Some Rodney, sadly had all however. But, all of my doubles go into a pile to keep. Maybe I should send one out with every trade I do as my calling card....


I don't know who did better at QB for the Giants, Dave Brown or Kent Graham. Both were terrible and both went to or came from the terrible Arizona Cardinals team in the 90's.


Dave Meggett was one great return guy. The return game has always lacked for the Giants but he was a bright spot in the years.


A trio of rookies. Lewis was a solid player, Alford didn't hand around long but I like the design of the card and I had never heard of Winrow. I also assume it's my first card of him as well which I always like filling in gaps when I can.


Gary Brown. I was so excited when the Giants got him from the Oilers. I don't remember how long he played for the Giants, I wanna say one year as he didn't pan out as well. This is a cool card however being a Gold Ignot parallel.
 
A big thanks goes out to Adam at Cardboard Clubhouse for the cards. I will see what Reds I have in return for your generosity and get something out to you as well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment