Sunday, September 24, 2017

Trading With Pops And Killin' It

I have tweeted out a few times and even posted on here how I got my father back into collecting and how his collection in just a few years had far surpassed mine of 24 years.

For the first time since I got him back into collecting, we decided to pull off a trade.

There was a few rookie cards he was in need of and there was one card he had I desperately wanted. After a few minutes literally, we struck a deal.

First I will show you a card he tossed in for free, this is a tough to pull rubies insert from 98-99 Skybox Premium. There are only 25 of them made, which in today's collecting means nothing. but back then it meant a lot. It's also an insert I didn't have so I always welcome those additions.

Did I mention it was shiny??




Then came the card I desperately wanted and finally talked him out of to give up....a 1995 Sp Ken Griffey Jr Buyback auto. For being that old, the auto is still really sharp and the overall card to me pops. It's on one of my favorite Sp designs.


The card also comes with an authenticity paper which he put behind the penny sleeve in the top loader. I didn't take a picture of card back because of this.


I was happy to be able to trade with him as it brought back some good memories from my childhood when we would trade. We have discussed future trades down the road but not sure any of them will ever top this.

No comments:

Post a Comment