Monday, September 25, 2017

REVIEW:2017 Topps Heritage High Number Baseball (BIG HIT)

We are headed back to 1968 and the burlap bag with 2017 Topps Heritage High Numbered.

High Numbered picks up where the Low Numbered ended this time bringing even more heat from this hot 2017 rookie class. Packs and blaster boxes at my local Walmart sold out in two days according to my father who always checks in with me before buying a product. It released and was gone.

Let's take a look at how I did in High Number Series and other details that will make you want to go out and buy one.


Every box of 2017 Topps Heritage High Number, it comes with 24 Packs Per Box and 9 Cards Per Pack. Boxes run $99 and come with either a Real One autograph or relic card per box.

Each box also comes with a Box Loader which you can find the following options,
  • 1968 Ad Panel
  • 1968 Poster Box Loader
  • 1968 Topps Originals
 For the second box in a row, I pulled a 1968 original. These fall 1:3 boxes.


Here's the card,


The base set has the same burlap feel and approach as the original and as in Low Numbered series.

The base cards pick up where Low Numbered ended at 500 and run 501 to 725. Definitely one for those set collectors. Traded veterans and rookies that weren't in Low Numbered are found in here as well. Just like with past releases, the  last 25 cards are short-printed and inserted 1:3 packs.


Key Rookies in this product include, Cody Bellinger, Matt Olson, Amir Garrett, Reynaldo Lopez, Adalberto Mejia, Bradley Zimmer, Jorge Alfaro, Jose De Leon, Jordan Montgomery, Teoscar Hernandez, Ian Happ, Anthony Alford, and Blake Snell.


Here are some of the Sp's that fell 1:3 packs.


The best way to tell what you have is the last two digits in the code found at the back of the card on the way right. Base cards end in 23. Sp's above end in 33 like this:


Action Image Variations are the easiest to pull at 1:31 packs. Here was mine,


These end in 48.
 

Team Color Swap Variations are a bit tougher to pull falling 1:110 packs.
 

These end in 49. 


Other variations to pull are,
• Errors Variations ends in 45
• Traded Variations ends in 46
• Throwback Variations ends in 47

There are also base card parallels that may be a bit tricky to spot. They are, Blue Bordered, Bright Yellow Backs, Gray Backs, and Flip Stock.

Chrome parallels return once again and once again I dig it. There should be a single product called Burlap Chrome. I know I would buy it. I pulled this guy who I feel is box stalking me for my chrome in the box.
 

There are parallels for them as well. They include,
  • Chrome Refractor Parallel #'d to 568.
  • Chrome Blue Bordered Parallel #'d to 68.
  • Chrome Gold Bordered Parallel #'d to 5
  • Chrome Superfractor Parallel #'d 1/1.
  • Chrome HOT BOX Refractor Parallel found in hot boxes one per pack!
Now onto the insert card offerings. A couple of the inserts I found a little lacking in design and creativity but the feel of them fits the rest of the product.

THEN & NOW:


Combo Cards:


Award Winners:


Rookie Performers:(my favorite design of the group. Now I need the Judge)


Nolan Ryan Highlights:


Now onto my hits. I wasn't surprised when this was the card I found halfway through my break. I don't normally pull autographs from this product and it's usually a single colored relic.
 

I have only once pulled a relic and that was actually this year from Low Numbered retail.

However, a few packs later. I pulled the toughest card I have ever pulled. I was actually in shock when I saw it. Falling at an incredible 1:92,949 Odds, which I think is the toughest from the product, was this card. Too bad it was a Yankees version but can't go wrong with these players either:
Yeah. Wow is what I be you are thinking.
 
Other hits to be found in this product include,
 
Clubhouse Collection Autographed Relics, Clubhouse Collection Dual Autographed Relics,REAL ONE Autographs, REAL ONE DUAL Autographs,1968 Poster Box Loader Autograph,Nolan Ryan Highlights Autographs,Clubhouse Collection Dual Relic, Clubhouse Collection Triple Relic, 1968 Baseball Cut Signatures and 1968 Celebrity Cut Signatures (I want one of these)


OVERALL, I can't complain about this break. Best Heritage break I ever have done. Key rookie cards all included, 2 hits, 1:110 color swap pull and a pretty solid insert finds too.

However, being just under $100 with only one hit, the product is a gamble and probably not for everyone. There are some big hits waiting to be found but the odds might be against you. There are a lot of fans who like this product and will pay the price and it's definitely a set builders dream. I suggest if you like what you see that you try retail first if you don't want to fork out hobby prices right now. I assume they will drop after the season, but they may go the other way as well with the rookie class.
 
Please make sure to take a minute out to thank Topps for providing this box for me to review as they help provide prizes for me to giveaway. Follow Topps on all social media sites and visit their SITE, as well

No comments:

Post a Comment