Sunday, April 23, 2017

Sunday's With Rodney:1996 Spx Gold

If you haven't ever read any of my blog posts, first off I think you need to catch up on those, but you would have also known my love of Spx from the 90's. There is so much love of the product that I began an Spx project trying to collect all of the sets, inserts, parallels from all of the sports from 96-98 of Spx and the beautiful hologram technology. You can keep track of my project, HERE.

Today's card is a gold parallel from the 1996 product. The first release. The golds fell at a rate of 1:7 and with 36 packs per box so you would roughly only get 5 per box out of the 50 card set. So it wasn't completely easy to land your favorite player and that's why it took me so many years to find the Hampton version. But, now that's off the checklist finally.


 

If you would like to help me narrow down my search for all of the Rodney Hampton cards in the universe and would like to donate some you have dusting around your house, check my wantlist HERE and see if you have something I need.  I am a little more than half way there but you never know what you may have that I don't.
Thoughts on today's card is welcomed in comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment