Saturday, March 18, 2017

Where It All Began

1925. The year the NY Giants were born into the NFL

2017. The year the blog Snagging Cardboard was born into the hobby to celebrate collecting the NY Giants.

I have been thinking about this for years. A blog solely dedicated to my collecting of Big Blue which has been my biggest passion in the hobby the last few years. I know it would be a first in the hobby as far as I know because there aren't any other NY Giants card bloggers out there. So I am not expecting huge view numbers here, but that's not what matters to me. It's combining and showing off two of my biggest passions into one place.

Before I continue on about the blog, I also wanted to mention where the blog name came from. It wasn't a name I created. A few years ago I was fetching for a new name for Sport Card Collectors-something I have wanted to change for years but kept being told by readers and my wife not to-and I put up a post looking for suggestions. One that caught my attention or should I say snagged it, was created by Matt over at Bob Walk The Plank. He creatively took Odell Beckham Jr's one-handed catch and combined it with my Giants collecting. It's simple, but catchy, yes that's a pun, and something I knew I could go on. A thanks goes out to Matt for his help.

Okay, let's get back to business about the blog itself.

Over the past 4 years or so, I have drastically improved my Giants collecting through multiple trades and many low-end eBay lot pickups. Most I have shown off over at my main blog, Sport Card Collectors, but there are many I haven't.

This blog will cover those I haven't shown off, the ones I have incoming in the mail, and revisit some of the past that may have been forgotten about. There will also be personal pieces about my experiences with the Giants and opinion stories on the draft and off-season moves.

So if you love the G-Men like I do or football cards in general, just tune in.

I also couldn't do a first post without showing off a card I don't believe I have before, it's a pretty unique checklist from 1994 Score football. I miss companies including checklists in the base sets.

This kind of design using the stadium photo instead of featuring a player is a great idea. I do have one problem with this card however, the checklists in the product have a front and a back. On the back of this one is the hated Patriots which I won't even show on here or I would have to start the blog over.


I hope those that do come and read my rambling on about the Giants, enjoy what they read. This won't be an every day blog I post on as Sport Card Collectors takes up a good portion of my time. This will be more of an occasional "I had a few extra minutes" blog. There is much more to come from me on here as there is plenty more Giants cardboard for me to snag.
Also, if you would like, please add this to your blogroll and let me know as I will do the same.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment