Thursday, March 9, 2017

REVIEW:2017 Donruss Racing Box 2 (BIG HIT)

Yesterday I left you with a good impression with Box 1 from my Donruss review break. Box 2 will leave you wanting to bust your own soon.

Today's is just a hit gallery so if you want further info, scroll back on the blog to yesterday's post or check out my Breakin Wax tab to see the first box and the details.


Let's get to busting!
 
Here are a couple of my variations from box 2.

 
Some 84 Donruss design for my base set. Petty's hair is pretty epic.

 
My Rated Rookies this round.

 
 Race Kings this round
 
Insert roll call. Some newer ones from the first break. I also pulled a /25 Artist Proof this time of William Byron.







 
Didn't pull one of these in box 1, the outside of the Donruss box claims these are rare but eBay begs to differ. I also couldn't find any further info on these either.I was hoping they were exchange cards of some sort if the person on the card gets the pole at a particular race. But, I assume these are just normal cards.

 
Now time for my hits. For some reason or another, my Tire Relic pull of Jeb Burton didn't upload but that was my first hit. The relic looked kinda cool to and I will update this post at some point with it.

My next pull is a Martin Truex Jr firesuit relic I believe. It's done in the 1984 throwback design.

 
And the big boom comes in the form of Danica Patrick. It also happens to be the Hologold parallel that is numbered to 25. She has a pretty decent signature.
 
Overall, Box 2 was even more solid than box 1. Kinda makes me wonder what a box 3 would had looked like. Maybe something I might attempt at a later date. If these boxes of Donruss racing didn't leave you wanting to bust some, you must really not like racing cards. Even this not big NASCAR collector was left wanting more.

Thoughts on this break or the first one are welcomed in comments. Stay tuned for a solid giveaway coming up later today or tomorrow with some of the cards from these breaks!
 
Make sure you thank Panini America for this review box and check out their site for products like this one and others. Also thank Tracy Hackler and give him a Twitter follow too!Stay tuned for some of these cards in an upcoming Panini America giveaway to celebrate #SCC5year!

No comments:

Post a Comment