Saturday, November 5, 2016

2012 Topps Prime 9 Home Run Legends Set

Back in 2012, collectors who bought 2012 Topps Baseball Series 1 found Prime 9 redemption cards that fell two per hobby box and were good for the Prime 9 card of a Home Run Legend of the Week.

On a weekly basis, Topps announced the Prime 9 Home Run Legend of the Week. Those that were holding the corresponding Prime 9 redemption card for that week (the card came with a number that matched the back number) could bring the redemp card to their local participating LCS and claim their Prime 9 Chrome refractor card.

Me, I don't have an LCS nearby so when I had bought 2012 Topps Series 1 those redemption cards were simply junk to me. Tossed away.

However, I was fortunate enough a few years ago when on vacation that the LCS I visit once a year, it's 2 states away, has always treated me good and had a full set that was never claimed and collecting dust and gave to me after I had made a good Topps purchase.

It's a really sharp looking set and I had forgotten about it til I stumbled into it while working on my sorting project.

Big names as you expect make up the 9 card set including Albert Pujols, Ernie Banks, Mickey Mantle,

 
Hank Aaron (All-Time Home Run King), Babe Ruth and Willie Mays.
 
It's definitely a set I plan to hold onto and put into binder pages now that I found it again.
 
I am still very grateful to the LCS that provided me with the set and I continue to support them yearly. So I guess you can say I participated in the promo, just in a different way.
 
What are your thoughts on this set? What about the Prime 9 promo? For those of you without an LCS, what do you do when you want to participate in the LCS ONLY promos that card companies run?
 
Let me hear your thoughts in comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment