Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Breakdown Of A Griffey Jr Trade Mail Day

I once again feel very lucky to had stumbled upon Baseball Card Breakdown blog for a variety of reasons. One, his blog post creativity is amazing. Second, his custom card work is top notch and I am very fortunate to own a few cards and lastly he is a great trader.

Yesterday, a fun packed PWE of cards arrived in our latest trade.

Up first, some Griffey cards I haven't ever seen. I really like adding oddball ones. These are 1991 Pepsi cards. There are 8 cards in the set so I am pretty close thanks to Gavin to having them all.



 
This card right here is OUT OF THIS WORLD. The design, rainbow shine and all around appeal is a perfect example of why I love the 90's inserts.



 
These 7 new Griffey adds brings me up to 835 total different. Still a long ways to go.
 
I have seen these Gallery Of Greats inserts from a distance and thought, man, I need one. Well, thanks to Gavin, I do!

 
Shiny and Yankees, nailed it with this Bowman Chrome add!
 
 
I also got one of Gavin's amazing custom cards from his Pretty Girls Series of Zooey Deschanel. I didn't post this beautiful card because I didn't want him to receive any emails from a certain company ;) If you have read his blog in the past, you will get this. 

Which if I had chosen a card(s) from his custom set, I would have chosen Zooey (big fan of her and loved her in Yes Man which she co-starred with Jim Carey in ) and Emma Watson. So pretty stoked of this add.

Overall, a very solid mail day and trade. Thanks again Gavin and I look forward to the next!

No comments:

Post a Comment