Sunday, September 25, 2016

$1 Yard Sale Boxes Breakdown Part 5

I showed off a garbage bag containing some cards a couple weeks ago and said I would break down what was in there, well, here we go.

I finally saved the best box for last, well, this one isn't really a box like the rest. It's a boxed set of 1989 Topps. There were some good and bad with this part.


 
The good, well, the gallery of rookies. They were all in there.

Biggio:

 
Smoltz. His face still cracks me up.

 
Johnson:

 
And I pulled this out as I believe it's the error card with the pink on the corner.
The bad, 2 cards from the set were missing. But, with the set only costing new around $5 I guess to lose out on a couple of cards is fine. I like that all of the rookies and error card was still in there and for my PC, that's what matters most. However, with my hobby OCD, I will still need to find a way to fill the set which I am sure I have those cards kicking around somewhere.

Overall, the best $1 box and there is no argument on that. I was a bit disappointed overall hoping to find a hidden gem within the whole lot with so much success in past yard sale finds. But, overall still worth the $5.

I will tell you guys this ahead of time, my mother-in-law did hit up another yard sale a week after with more finds that were much better than these. That first post and parts afterwards coming up soon so stay tuned.

Thoughts on Part 5 are welcomed below!

No comments:

Post a Comment