Thursday, February 25, 2016

Breakin Wax:2015-2016 Upper Deck Series 1 Hockey Hobby Box

When I think top dog in the hockey card world, I look no further than Upper Deck Series 1 and 2.

I have mentioned my love before about these. The product comes with stunning base card photography, short printed VALUABLE rookie cards and doesn't focus on hits. One of the very few and if not the only product on the market that doesn't focus on hits. That's a good thing by the way.


In every box of 2015-2016 Upper Deck Series one hockey you 24 packs per box with 8 cards per pack. You will find 6 Young Guns and 1 memorabilia card as well. Boxes will run you about $100.

The base cards are action packed and fun. I wished other companies did more of this.


Inserts look great as well. The Shining Stars inserts are broken down into many sections. Here are the odds for each of them

- Shining Stars, Centers - inserted 1:16
- Shining Stars, Left & Right Wingers - inserted 1:24
- Shining Stars, Legends - inserted 1:48
- Shining Stars Centers, Royal Blue parallel - inserted 1:48
- Shining Stars Left & Right Wingers, Royal Blue parallel - inserted 1:72
- Shining Stars Right Wingers, Royal Blue parallel - inserted 1:144

I pulled a 1:48 so not too shabby.


Canvas inserts, man I still love these. They fall 1:6. The Young Gun version, which are very valuable by the way, fall 1:48
 

UD Exclusives parallel. These seem to fall one per box. I got a decent one in Quick.

My hit of the box. Not too shabby. It actually wasn't what I kept busting packs for.....


It was all about the Young Guns and hoping to hit a Connor McDavid. But as my luck usually is with the Young Guns, I didn't hit the big gun but I did pull a few decent ones.




My best pull of the box


As always I really like this format for a box. The value is there just in the Young Guns alone and that's not even mentioning the other fun aspects. These rookie cards are always the most popular on the hockey card market and hold their value.Even if you don't hit a big time player now, it doesn't mean in a few years they won't be. That's why holding onto these rookies are very important.

No comments:

Post a Comment