Friday, February 12, 2016

Breakin Wax:2014 Panini Certified Football Hobby Box

Certified is another favorite of mine. I like the all-foil product it is. They look really exceptional when they are done in rainbow foil too.

Sorry I don't have a box picture, but here is the lowdown. You get 10 packs per box with 5 cards per pack. There is four autographs/memorabilia cards per box along with three rookie cards and four parallels. You can find most boxes for under $50.

The base set is simple. Player focused and lots of foil. I think the balance of player and the writing on the card works out beautifully.


Pulled three rookies in this box. Not too much to brag about. Verrett is pretty good.

My Parallels. Two good players. I love the Favre.

Inserts....

Can't argue with finding anything Freeman in my box with the season he had.

New Generation fabric. I dig the design big time. I just wished the gold had been Derek Carr and not Logan Thomas.

My other hit was a 150 Panini point card that I didn't bother showing.

This was the final hit of the box. Not too shabby with it being numbered to 10. However, it wasn't a player I had heard of so I had to Google him.

Vai was a running back/kickoff returner who played in the league from 86-93 and played mainly for the Cardinals. He also made appearances on the Packers and Eagles. He was in two Pro Bowls. He now is an announcer in Philly.
Overall, nothing too big but a few decent cards. I might have gotten my money worth depending on how much Vai is. But didn't feel great about the break overall.

Have any of you heard of Vai?

2 comments: