Thursday, January 7, 2016

Breakin Wax:2015 Upper Deck Dinosaurs Hobby Box

I guess you can call it the nerd in me, but when I heard that Upper Deck was coming out with an all dinosaurs product, I was pretty excited. It's dinosaurs man!

For some reason my box picture is missing, but here is a breakdown on this great product.

Every hobby box of 2015 UD Dinosaurs comes with 20 packs per box and 5 cards per pack. You will also find the following:
  • Four (4) 3-D Lenticular Dinosaur cards per box
  • One (1) Age of the Dinosaurs patch card per box
  • One (1) hand-drawn Dinosaur sketch card per box
  • Five (5) Dinosaur stickers per box
The base cards are like any other Upper Deck base cards, photography based. Some amazing images they found. You would swear they got in a time machine and got the images.

There are 100 cards in the base set along with High Series SPs, Sea Creatures that have 25 cards
and Ice Age Creatures with 25 cards. Some added value and fun chase with Sp's in the base set. You get roughly 10 Sp's per box.


Upper Deck brought their canvas innovation to prehistoric times. ROAR!! These mini canvases fall 1:4 packs.


Stickers. Another fun aspect to the product. These fall 1:4 packs.


And one of my favorite inserts, Lenticular. There are many tiers to the program. Most fall 1:7.5 packs.

A lot of 1/1 sketch cards in the product. You will find one per box. They are anywhere between one to four panels. This Wooly Mammoth is pretty spot on and it's beautiful. Another positive on their sketch cards is the thickness of the card. More of a hit thickness compared to most sketch cards.

Back of the card.

Say what??!! Shadow box cards too!!!! These fall 1:40.


And of course this product also includes their famous patch cards. With many levels of rarity as well.
 
Overall, a pretty cool product. One that I think many kids will fall in love with. My only problem is the price point. It's a bit steep for kids to enjoy so I would recommend to wait til prices drop a bit or if you find a good sale during Black Friday and so on. I understand why it's expensive with so much to find in here and all of the rarities. I was hoping to find one of the rare fossil pieces or the really rare Roar audio books. Especially the fossil, that's simply just cool for this dinosaur fan.

I do like the design, layout, value of the product. If I was going to pick a company to do dinosaurs, Upper Deck would be the one as you see here they hit a home-run.

1 comment:

  1. I'm a huge fan of dinosaurs, it was always a childhood fascination! Haven't found any of this product to open yet, but it looks like a lot of fun and a great change of pace from football cards. Fun for the kids, too!

    ReplyDelete