Thursday, November 5, 2015

REVIEW:2015 Panini Playbook Football

Playbook makes its return for another year this time with one extra card per box. Last years gave you two, this years three.

Those three cards should be one booklet base, one booklet autograph or memorabilia card and one extra autograph or memorabilia card. Boxes will run you about $90.

The first card I found in my box was a penny sleeved numbered base card booklet. This is numbered to 299. Mine was of the Raiders Derek Carr (guy is a beast) and former NYG Justin Tuck who I wished would come back to the Giants the way their pass rush has been.
  

Inside of the booklet. Pretty solid look to them. Very think card stock however.
Next card in my break was a Mammoth patch card of Kevin White numbered to 50. I like the layout and design of these. Everything balances out nicely.

My Playbook was Jamison Crowder. Here is what the outside looks like.

The inside. I like the portrait layout over the landscape. Overall, not a strong box by any stretch. $90 feels a bit high as well but that's the normal price for Playbook usually. I miss when the product used to have 4 hits per box. Those days helped make it feel more valuable.

This product will not be for everyone. The design is great for the product as a whole but price-point is tough at $90 for two hits. In my opinion, if you are not a thrill seeker, you will find buying into a box break a better deal than busting it yourself.

Thoughts on the break are always welcomed.

No comments:

Post a Comment