Thursday, September 3, 2015

Breakin Wax:2015 Topps Chrome Baseball Hanger Box

I am a huge Chrome fan as you all know. So without a doubt I needed to get my hands onto some 2015 baseball.

I have heard that finding retail Chrome has been a challenge. This hanger was my only find of the product at my local Walmart. I really wanted a blaster but took what I could get.

In every hanger box of 2015 Topps Chrome baseball is sixteen cards. Yes, sixteen cards. Four of those cards will be pink refractors but there may be other refractors or even an autograph hidden within this $9.98 box. My only problem with it was that these weren't individual packs of four. All sixteen cards were in one see through pack. I prefer opening up multiple packs.

 The design is the Topps flagship but chromed. The flagship design, best in years, already looked good without the chrome. Now it's even better! A few good players mixed in here.

A couple here

And a couple of rookie cards here. No Kris Bryant however which was my main chase. I have heard his retail rookie is next to impossible to land from a few collectors.

And here are my pink refractors. Strasburg to me is the highlight of the group but none of these guys to me are big time stars. I do like the pink refractors however. Really cool!
Overall, Chrome usually brings the best value on the retail market. Not sure I felt that way after this break. I was actually quite bored with it and was disappointed that it ended so fast. I would hope a blaster box would bring much more joy. But, just gotta wait and see if I can find one.

No comments:

Post a Comment