Thursday, June 11, 2015

Have You Ever Seen One Of These From Topps?

I am back at it again with a new post from the lot I bought off my former teacher's son. Today's post is based around a unique find I never knew existed....a remake of a 1989 Topps Traded Ken Griffey Jr card made out of porcelain.

Since I had found the card I did a little research to see what I could find out about it. For one, they are pretty much worthless. But to me, it's pretty stinkin cool and isn't about the value. Two, they were produced back in the early 90's by R&N China that had acquired a license with Topps to produce porcelain versions of many of Topps' iconic cards from the previous 50 years. Three, those iconic cards would be spread out over many years and many series and players. From what I understand this Griffey is from 1993 and the Series, "Tomorrow Hall of Famers".

Here is what the outside of the box looks like it came in. I was surprised how great the condition the outside of the box was. Seems her son or someone had also picked it up at a reasonable price.

Here is what lies within the box. A wooden stand, the official Limited Edition certificate and card at the bottom.

Here is what the porcelain card looks like..

The back and limited edition number.

And the card set up on it's display.
 The overall item is pretty sweet, the stand is a little cheesy, so I will probably keep mine stored within the box or find a solid toploader to protect it in. Either way, a unique addition to my #MissionGriffey collection.

*********************************************************************************
Topic:
So what are your thoughts on this find? Have you seen one before? Do you own one and who? Do you have more info then I do on these? Let me hear your thoughts!

1 comment:

  1. I have Mark Grace and Cal Ripken. I had a Manny Ramirez at one point.

    ReplyDelete