Friday, May 1, 2015

Breakin Wax:1995 Fleer Football 3-Pack Break

I started collecting in 1993 and slowly it built. In 1995, it was full force and one of my early favorite collecting products that year was Fleer. I don't know what it was, the unique base card design, the inserts or the chance at Hot Packs but I was into it. Lots of it.

Up until recently, I haven't had the chance to indulge back into one of my childhood favorites. A recent eBay search for a few inserts from the product led me to packs of it for $1 each. I said, hey, why not and picked up three. My childhood felt re-lived again as I busted them and below are my results. Enjoy!

In every pack of 1995 Fleer Football are 11 cards. There is one Flair Preview (one of my other favorite products and I put together the preview set) and one insert per pack. As stated above, I found my packs for $1 each.

The base cards came in 6 fun bold designs

Back of the cards

Two of my inserts were TD Sensations. I at one point has this set but lost it over the years.

Same goes for the Provisions. I had the set. This type of design has been around for years. I like this particular one too with Ken showing off his Super Bowl rings.

My Flair Preview cards. Three good players in Barry Sanders, the best RB ever, Chris Warren, very underrated and Shannon Sharpe who I consider one of the elite TE's all time.

Back of the cards. This preview set was a sign of good things to come with the product.
Overall, a decent break. Some good players for the inserts and many memories. This break may only be a teaser for me. I think it would be fun to bust a box and see if I could score a Hot Pack and maybe complete a few insert sets. We will have to wait and see on that.

In the meantime, tell me your thoughts on this break.

No comments:

Post a Comment