Sunday, March 1, 2015

#SCC3YR! Happy Blogversary Sport Card Collectors!

Yup, time flies by so fast. Today marks three years of blogging on Sport Card Collectors. This is such an amazing place to be knowing that this blog started out as a small experiment and has grown so much over the past three years increasing more by the year.

The numbers speak for themselves:

Year One, Sport Card Collectors blog had 68,169 overall views. 695 Twitter Followers and 118 Facebook LIKES.

Year Two, Sport Card Collectors blog grew to 205,240 overall views, 2,206 Followers on Twitter and 147 Facebook LIKES.

Year Three, Sport Card Collectors blog grew to 340,841 overall views, 3,576 Followers on Twitter and  159 Facebook LIKES. 

Like I said, the growing numbers speak for themselves.

As a blogger for three years I have accomplished a lot including being named 3-times Panini Player Of The Day Blog Champion (2 years co-winner), receiving a tremendous UDRAK (Upper Deck Random Acts Of Kindness) for all that I give back to the hobby, and finishing second out of hundreds of blogs for Blog Of The Year in the Bip Awards. The amount of time and pride that I put into this blog and getting these types of accolades makes me smile.

However, I wouldn't be blogging or have been able to accomplish those things if it wasn't for my readers. So I gotta thank you guys for coming back on a daily basis and participating on here. Without you, I wouldn't post. Why post something nobody's going to read.

My second thanks goes out to Tracy Hackler, Scott Prusha, Jason Howarth and rest of the Panini gang for being apart of my blog since the beginning and allowing me to also participate in the Player Of The Day blogger promo to help give back to collectors as well. Find Panini HERE.

Third, I must give a big thanks to Jammin JDcards who has been on board for over two years. They have not only become a great partner, but someone I would consider to be a great friend as well. If you haven't checked them out yet, please do so HERE.

Fourth, I must give a shout out to BCW Supplies who has been apart of Sport Card Collectors for over a year as well. They have been providing amazing prizes for our contests awhile now and are my go-to supply company for storing and shipping my prizes with. You can check them out HERE.

Finally, I have got to thank a few others for their help in 2014. Jonathan Hoffman, man, I don't know where my 90's collection would be without your help. Thanks so much for the big trades in 2014. I look forward to more!! @batcavelv, thanks so much for your generosity in helping me get my FIRST Odell Beckham Jr. NY Giants autograph. What you did by giving me that only strives me more to give back to the hobby. The Pack Gambler, though you don't blog anymore, I know you will still read this. Thank you so much for your generosity with the surprise mail day to end out the year. You are a true friend! It wouldn't be right if I dind't mention Grady M and his incredible mail days that he sends. One of the most generous collectors I have met and a great guy. Thanks Grady I look forward to exchanging more packages with you. And the final one goes to Upper Deck. What they did for me in that #UDRAK was unbelievable. I am still speechless to this day and it will always leave everlasting memory in my life. Thanks again guys.

Once again thank you for coming to read my posts and checking everything out. I look forward to continuing on as a blogger and look forward to all of the exciting things that I have planned ahead for 2015.

9 comments:

  1. Awesome, man! Congrats and keep up the great blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo, Now for an even better year 4 and 5! Great job keeping the blog rolling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the milestone! I always enjoy reading your posts, and give me a few minutes and I will be #160 on your Facebook page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on 3 years and like you said the numbers speak for themselves! Thanks for the mention too brother! It's guys like you and Tracy @batcavelv that you mentioned who continually give back to the hobby we love and make it what it is! I know SCC will continue to be successful with the way you run it! Treat others as you want to be treated takes you a long way and is evident to everyone who reads this blog and knows you on a more personal level that you live by that standard. There isn't a better hobby related blog out there, or a better guy behind one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONGRATULATIONS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! You just made me realize that today is my blog's five year anniversary.

    ReplyDelete