Monday, February 9, 2015

Breakin Wax: 2014 Select Football Hobby

Select has become another one of my favorite Panini products punching a Chrome/Prizm type appeal. We all know what these type of products also bring, REFRACTORS!!

In every box of 2014 Select Football, there are 10 packs per box with 5 cards per pack. There are two mini boxes within with each holding two inserts, two rookies and prizms (refractors) each. Look for HOT BOXES as well with special Prizm parallels. Each Hobby/master box will run you $100.

The base card design is chromed. These base cards however are much thicker point than Topps Chrome. Very similar to Prizm.

Back of the card

You can find veterans, rookies and legends in the base set

Here are my four rookies in the box. Best was Mckinnon.

My Prizms in the box. I got three in each mini box and got some great players such as Matt Ryan base prizm

Orange of Demaryius Thomas and Pink Drew Brees.

I think this concept in the product was really cool. If your player matches up to the award on the front, you win a special Select Prizm set. My player wasn't obviously League MVP, but was MVP of the Giants I think. Odell couldn't have done what he did without Eli who put up good numbers in a bad Giants season.

First autograph of the product. Jeremy Kerley who has potential, but needs a QB to give the ball to him.

I LOVED THIS PULL! SOON TO BE HALL OF FAMER JEROME "THE BUS" BETTIS jersey card. It's also a very beautiful card in person. I also see a slight dirt stain on the jersey swatch.

And a small BOOM. A nice looking autograph card of Bill Romanowski. This is the orange parallel and is numbered to 25. My other hit in this box was a Panini Rewards points card.
Overall, I liked this break. The cards glisten, got nice parallels, decent hits, and had fun opening every pack.

No comments:

Post a Comment