Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Have You Found Me?

Going on my third year of blogging, I still wonder how many bloggers have actually found me. Found Sport Card Collectors a blog that puts out 1-2 posts a day. A blog that I spend hours at a time putting posts together on nightly. A blog that has actually given me tendonitis/partial carpal tunnel recently as I painfully type this. If I haven't been found, I hope to find others.

In 2015, one of my hobby resolutions was to search down other bloggers and add them to my read list. I am hoping that they will return the favor but will not ask them to do so. This is something I have been wanting to do for some time now and I have already added a few new ones. The most recent was A Cardboard Problem that happens to be hosting the 2014 Bip Awards. I must also mention that Sport Card Collectors has been nominated for Blog Of The Year in the Bip Award contest. The nomination alone is very meaningful to me as there are only 10 blogs that were nominated for this category out of 300 plus. Knowing some of the big names on the list such as Night Owl Cards, San Jose Fuji and The Junior Junkie I know my chances of winning are slim but just to be considered is a great accomplishment. This means that what I put on here is actually making a hobby impact.That's exactly what I set out to do when I started blogging.

If you hadn't heard of the Bip Awards, it's in the inaugural year for the contest. I guess someone else used to host a Blogger Of The Year contest, nothing I had heard of til recent, and used to award someone that title. The Bip Awards was nomination based and has ten categories of winners, to, in their words, "celebrate the card-collecting community on the blogosphere and social media."

I am encouraging all of you to vote for your favorites which you can vote HERE.

I also hope my nomination on the list will help bring other bloggers to check out Sport Card Collectors and so I can check out their blogs. If you are new to here or reading this and you are a blogger, please comment and leave your blog link here. As I have said before, we are all in this together and it's more fun to share.

I am hoping if you haven't yet, that you have found me and are here to stay. If so, welcome!

3 comments:

  1. I have! In fact, I found this post through the blogroll I've created for my own blog, http://cardboardhistory.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome! I just added you to my blogroll. Looking forward to checking your blog out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's still new, have not even hit two months yet, and I'm still refining it :)

      Delete