Saturday, January 10, 2015

Breakin Wax: 1991-1992 Upper Deck Hockey Pack Break

Feels like Upper Deck hockey has been around forever, well, it has. With the recent news of Upper Deck locking down the NHL license all to themselves, I thought it would be fun to dig back in time and check out what the NHL has loved about Upper Deck hockey cards all of this time. Well, I know what I like about them. Do you agree...we will find out.

Every pack of 1991-1992 Upper Deck hockey comes with 12 cards per pack. There were chances at 3-D Award Winner Hologram cards and Hockey Heroes cards. Both of which I did pull but first you will have to check out the base card gallery.

Just like I recently mentioned about Upper Deck basketball cards, it's not every often you see UD use borders on their base cards. Seemed to be an early 90's thing. The one thing that separates UD from other companies no matter if they use border or not is the unique photo's they capture. It's almost like you are at the game. Just check it out for yourself.


Can't go wrong finding these three in a pack including my favorite in The Great One.

You gotta appreciate a good mullet.

For those of you who have been following my blog reads for awhile now, you know how much I dig this next card and for once my camera caught it at its greatest view.
Overall, pulling three star players including Gretzky, a Hockey Heroes of Brett Hull, and a pretty sweet hologram of Ray Bourque, I call this a really solid pack break.

5 comments: