Friday, January 2, 2015

Box Toppers....SIGNED, unsealed and delivered!

I have met some amazing collectors on Twitter, one of those collectors is @shanesalmonson.

I have known him for awhile now (more than two years) on Twitter and we discuss a variety of hobby and non-hobby things. We may not see eye to eye on sports teams, but we are on the same team when it comes to the hobby.

Shane likes to share his famous case breaks on Twitter and during one of those breaks he had discussed some box toppers that he had and that some were Yankees. Upon further discussion, Shane said that I could have them to thank me for my support. Obviously I thought that was awesome. But, I didn't realize how awesome it was til the package arrived. It was MUCH MORE than I expected.

There were a ton of them and mixed in were a few surprises as I will show you below.


To kick this off, here are a couple of basketball ones.

These two are both numbered to 349 and printed on canvas material.

I think this guy has a bright future. I also like Panini's throwback to Donruss despite the lack of logos.

Some great players here such as Tony Gwynn, Chipper Jones and Banks.

I liked how this one was done. However, I would have liked actual stamps used on it. That would have been much more impressive.

JETER! 



Here are the Yanks enjoying a World Series win! Feels like forever since they last won one and seems it's going to be awhile til the next.



Mr. October!


Mr.Super Bowl...well...I call him that. I am sure if I asked you guys you would just laugh. To me, he seems to always step his game up for the "Big Game".

Now I have pulled box toppers before, but I have NEVER pulled signed ones. These were a big surprise to find in my package from Shane. I really enjoyed these as they are unique additions to my collection.




My favorite of the group. This was the only one of the three signed that was on the front of the card. Also was the only one that was numbered. In case you can't see it, it's numbered 10/50.

My plan is to put all of these into sheet protectors along with their wrappers to be displayed in a binder. The autographed ones I may try to find toploaders for from BCW so they don't get ruined. You just never know sometime how well to protect something.

A big thanks goes out to Shane for this mail day. If you are not following him on Twitter, please do so. You will be glad that you did. Especially when he starts sharing his football and baseball case breaks, they are really fun to view.

No comments:

Post a Comment