Thursday, November 27, 2014

What Card Are You Most Thankful For?

It's Thanksgiving Day. Time to say thanks to all of the things you are thankful for in your life. Myself, I am thankful for a loving God, family, friends, this blog and my readers, my card collection, and all of the little things we may not think about all of the time, such as a roof over my head, money to buy food and necessities and so on.

But, when it comes to collecting specifically, there is one card in my collection I am more thankful for than others. It happens to also be the most iconic card of all-time, the 1989 Upper Deck Ken Griffey Jr. rookie.

I am most thankful for this card because I still consider it the centerpiece of my collection even over bigger now-a-day pulls. I am also thankful for it because it was one of the reasons I got into collecting Ken Griffey Jr. And one more reason to be thankful for it because it also reminds me of a time I collected with my father and I am thankful to him for getting me into this awesome hobby and for the bonding time.

Do you have a certain card that you are thankful for? Why are you thankful for it? Would love to hear it!

No comments:

Post a Comment