Monday, October 20, 2014

What's In The Mail Box? Tim Yount Mail Day Part 1: GGGG-MEEENNN

Ever since I discovered the internet side of collecting, I have met some amazing people. One of them is Tim Yount.

I have known Tim for awhile now and on and off we exchange gifts. It's not trading really, it's exchanging cards we know the other person will like. Sometimes even a few surprises or surprise mail days.

In my recent mail day from him, here is what I found.

Let's kick it off with a 90's insert! And one of my favorite Knicks! Double bonus!

NY Giants! Andre Williams Prime rookie, Prince is numbered to 99 and a Metal Beckham Jr. addition

Michael Cox is back on the team now and returning kicks. I am also a huge Crown Royale fan so this was a double whammy for me!

Awesome Lawrence Taylor! I am a big refractor collector as well.

Part 1 of this mail day started with a 90's card, now it will end with 2014 cards designed like 1990's versions. 

If you have been following this blog, you know my love for 90's Spx designs. That's why I was beyond excited to hear that Upper Deck was incorporating those designs back into their Spx product as inserts. They don't quite look like the originals, but they are pretty close and I am still a fan.

Here is the 1997 design.

1996 ones:


This was an awesome first part of my Tim Yount mail day. The second part is even more impressive, especially the last card. You will have to wait til tomorrow to see what I mean. In the meantime, I would like to say thank you to Tim for part 1 of this mail day.

No comments:

Post a Comment