Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Retail Break 'Em: 2013 Panini Prizm Rack Pack

I must have made quite a few Walmart trips, walkbys and card purchases before I finally decided to pick up one of these 20% off discounted 2013 Prizm rack packs. I don't know what made that day different than any other, but for some reason I decided to pick up a pack.

Upon reading the packaging while in line to pay for it, I read that not only was there three packs, but each pack came with three blue pulsar Prizms or as most of us call them, refractors. That sold me more. It honestly sold me so much that I didn't even make it home with the pack and opened it in the car.

Here was the best base card player. Does it get any better?

The rookie cards. One per pack.

The Panini HRX cards, one per pack

Blue pulsar #1. Not bad. I immediately had my eyes drawn to these. Panini did a great job with 'em. Beautiful cards!

Number 2 was much better. This card alone made it worth the buy,.

Then finally, this one was hiding last. I was pretty stoked.
Overall I question why I waited so long. I didn't get anything from the packs, but the parallels I pulled were well worth the $6 I paid and not just because of the players. These are some of the more impressive parallels I have seen in person and especially from Prizm.

Hoping the next time I go to Walmart that there is another pack hanging there for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment