Saturday, September 20, 2014

Baseball Card Yard Sale Find Part 13: A Slice Of Pie Washed Down With Some Sp

Well, here is another post to what will be many posts of me breaking down what I got at a Yard Sale that I posted about recently. Today's post consists of two brands that I didn't have any cards of surprisingly. So anything I found in this box was going to be new to me and it only cost fifty cents!

The first brand in the box was 2002 Topps American Pie, you know the cards I have been using for the Caption This cards as of recent. There is a fun mix of players and public figures in the set. I was roughly only missing 10 cards from the entire set so that was pretty cool. Maybe something I chase down to fill later on.

Behind the base cards were a ton of these inserts. There was a variety of players and colors. Some players there was more than one color of.

After that was1995 Sp. I really loved looking through these.
Shiny Metallic Dufex...AND THEY ARE DIE CUT!! I found two Hideo Nomo rookies hiding in this stack.

The base cards. The colors on left hand of the card are coded. Blue went to players who played in the NL, red to the AL. Another nice Jeter add..boy does he look young!

Another Jr...#421

There were also some silver parallels. I showed one here of Jimmy Key next to his regular base card

A ton more of the silver parallels were found. Some Yankees in this pile as well.

However, the silver parallels looked at their best on the rookie cards. When you take an already nice looking card with the dufex, then add a rainbow shine to it (sorry that these pics DON'T EVEN COME CLOSE TO DOING THESE JUSTICE), you have a huge winner in my books! It's like a refractor!
This was yet another nice find in my opinion. A Griffey, some shiny inserts, some fun base cards from American Pie and all for a great price. Doesn't get any better than that!

We are starting to wind down on these finds. Still more to come and more fun stuff to see but getting closer to the end. Keep checking back for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment