Saturday, August 9, 2014

Rice-A-Rookie, My San Francisco Treat

In the past few years, I have slowly begun trying to add "investments" to my rookie card PC. One of the "investments" that I have really wanted was a 1986 Topps Jerry Rice. Thanks to Small Traditions, now I can cross that off from my list.

Every other day on Twitter, Small Traditions runs a contest for FREE graded cards and all you have to do to win is RT. When I saw this Jerry Rice pop up, a card I have been chasing for awhile, I threw my name into the hat and found out I won the next day! You know how girls cry after watching a sad movie, well, the same thing happens to me after adding a nice piece to my PC.

Rice is just one of many rookies I am hoping to chase down. Some others include, Dan Marino, John Elway, Steve Young, Jim Kelly, Michael Jordan (may take my whole life for that), Mickey Mantle (ditto), Wayne Gretzky (same here), Mario Lemiex, Derek Jeter (Sp rookie), Tony Gwynn, among others.

I would like to thank Dave at Small Traditions again for this card and helping me add this sweet piece to my rookie PC. This is one small step in a giant direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment