Thursday, May 8, 2014

NEW CHANGES on Sport Card Collectors

Within the last month or so, I had contemplated semi-retiring Sport Card Collectors. I was running out of fresh ideas and things to keep you guys interested in coming back. One of the bigger draws on the blog are reviews, retail and hobby pack and box breakdowns. But, lack of funds for purchases and reviews from companies led to recent drop-offs in those. Without those as well, that takes away from NPN Of The Week so there goes four topics out the door.

Then some of the newer ideas were not quite working out when they were implemented in January, comments were way down on everything, and views as well and it seemed that Sport Card Collectors was falling apart. So than began my declined interest in blogging on here, but luckily I had already three weeks worth of posts done ahead of time so it would give me time to think before making any rash decisions.  In the meantime, I went back to my collecting roots and started up That 90's Sport Card Blog and was having a blast sharing some of my favorite cards from the 90's while also giving you my thoughts on collecting in that era. It seemed my shift of focus was turning to that blog and the balance of power as well.

While I was working on that blog, I made an announcement on Twitter, Facebook and this blog that it may be semi-retiring and you guys completely went off. I had never seen so much support come from a collecting community. Many of you kept saying how much this blog has helped you and especially for newbies or collectors who were returning. Some of you said you come daily but just don't always comment. All of the positive feedback made me smile and put that drive back into me. It was one of those moments in a sports movie when all seems impossible, than one bright shining moment happened and I picked up my adrenaline and wanted to pull off the comeback. So here it is. My comeback.

With all of this being said, I am happy to say that Sport Card Collectors will not be going anywhere. Neither will That 90's Sport Card Blog. I sat down for the past three weeks working out some ideas and think that I have things down. The one thing that has always been constant on this blog over the two years, is YOU guys enjoying the fact that I leave this blog open for you with fun topics like Hobby Topic and Caption This where you control what is posted. So I thought, why not open the floodgates a little more and let you guys a little further in.

Here are some of the new topics you will see being incorporated:

Baseball Card Discussion (will post up a card from a new product leaving you to give your opinion on that new product. This new topic is already being implemented)
Basketball Card Discussion (will post up a card from a new product leaving you to give your opinion on that new product. This new topic is already being implemented)
Football Card Discussion (will post up a card from a new product leaving you to give your opinion on that new product. This new topic is already being implemented)
Hockey Card Discussion (will post up a card from a new product leaving you to give your opinion on that new product. This new topic is already being implemented)
Featured Collector's PC: Let's see those PC's! I will be bringing this to life soon.

A couple more newer topics will be:

Leaf Card Of The Week (replacing NPN Of The Week starting this Sunday)
Sage Card Of The Week (replacing Collecting Basics and Poll Friday)
Press Pass Card Of The Week (coming soon!)
That 90's Sport Card Blog Post Of The Day (already implemented)

I must also note that the Card Of The Weeks will no longer have card #'s and the other info within the post.

I will still be doing Retail Break 'Em, Hobby Break 'Em, and reviews when they are available and they will be mixed in the rotation.

Let me know your thoughts on these new ideas and the saving of Sport Card Collectors. As always, thank you for all of the support! I truly have the best fans!

No comments:

Post a Comment