Sunday, February 16, 2014

Retail Bream 'Em: 2013-2014 Upper Deck Hockey Series 1 Hanger Pack

With the #DoubleRookieClass going on in hockey with some young up and comers looking like they will be future stars, the time to collect hockey cards is now. And one of the more popular brands out on the market is Upper Deck's Series 1 hockey.

When shopping recently, I saw a rack pack of the popular Upper Deck product that was calling my name. So I picked it up. For $4.99 you get 32 cards(I didn't post all 32 but gave you a generalization of what to expect) . You assume one of them if not two would turn into a rookie card, but you know what assumptions do...


 
As always Upper Deck's fantastic photography just jumps off from the cardboard.




 
Canvas' fall one in every two rack packs

It was definitely a disappointing break not finding one rookie. The key to remember, that I had forgotten before purchase, what makes the rookie cards in this product so wanted is the fact they are short-printed. The rookies fall 1 in every 4 rack packs which is why it would be tough to get one.

I do wish Upper Deck had added more to a break like this. I almost felt the pack was going to be all base cards, don't get me wrong the photography alone is worth it, but the value in this pack just wasn't there.

Let me know your thoughts on this break and Upper Deck Series 1 hockey.

1 comment:

  1. I just broke a similar pack of Series 2, with not a single insert. Very disappointing.

    ReplyDelete