Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Review: Sage Hit Football Low Series Blaster 2013

Every year I got to get my hands onto some cards of the new crop of NFL rookies. This is always my starting point.

Box Break Down:
  • 14 Packs Per Box, 7 Card Per Pack
  • Two Autographs
  • $20 a Box
 photo IMG_5346_zpscd97157d.jpg  
 photo IMG_3453_zpsb2c7b07e.jpg   

 photo IMG_9744_zpsd64f9d26.jpg 
BASE CARDS: Last year I complained about the design of these. Not so much this year. Sage is doing the best they can without licensing on the helmets. I do wish they did more photos without any helmets then it wouldn't bother me as much. Its really hard to see a product with helmet decal removal but most of these photos are well done without team helmets which excites me and tells me to give Sage two thumbs up. The Spotlight subset card is very nicely done and I think a lot of people will enjoy this design. I also like to use these base cards to get rookie autos TTM (Through The Mail) on. They are low to none on the gloss and are great to be signed on.
INSERTS: N/A (Hobby Only)


 photo IMG_7861_zps3ff64a3b.jpg  
 photo IMG_5849_zpsdf3ba652.jpg

AUTOGRAPHS: The product states 2 autos per box and thats what we got. I really dig the design on these. The autographs are enclosed with a gold foil and the sticker or whatever they seem to be signed on jumps off the card at you. Alex Okafor's auto is awesome. Very good job here by Sage in terms of design. I like the landscape layout as a switch up of getting the autographs done portrait style

JERSEY/PATCH CARDS:N/A


OVERALL THOUGHTS: Not a bad base card design. A ton of base in a box so you really get to load up on the new rookies. My only negative would be having the two autographs packed separately in the box. Though I love collecting rookie cards, opening the packs for just base cards takes away a little bit of the excitement when you already know what your autographs are. I wished the autos were inserted into the packs. Other than that, with a good amount of cards and two autographs its $20 well spent. I would also assume that a hobby box might also be a decent rout to go as well.

RATINGS:  Bloggers Note: Our ratings are based specifically on the blaster, box or packs we opened and do not express what the overall product could bring. Ratings based on a 1-5. 1 Being the lowest and 5 being the highest.
                Packaging: 4
                Base Design: 4
                Insert Design: NA
                Memorablila/Autographs: 4
                Blaster, Hobby Box, or Pack Value: 4

No comments:

Post a Comment