Sunday, February 10, 2013

Panini NFL Sticker Backs

The fun challenge the last couple of years for me was chasing down the letters on the back of Panini NFL Stickers that spell out a word and once thats complete you send it in to Panini in exchange for a prize. Last year, I fell more than 4 letters short. You would have to assume some of them are much harder to get than others as my doubles started to stack up.

So in 2012 when Panini released NFL Stickers I once again was on the chase. Not only for filling up the sticker book. But to find all of the letters. This years letters needed to spell the word F-O-O-T-B-A-L-L.

For months it was stuck at the word  F-O-O-T-B-L-L. I assumed no matter how many sticker packets I pick up, 27 more to be exact after finding those letters, I would never get it and didn't from those 27 packs. So I searched eBay. They had all the letters but. Once again I thought disappointment was upon me. As you remember a few weeks back I had a post about a prize lot I had won from a Beckett forum member:

http://sportcardcollectors.blogspot.com/2013/02/prize-lot-i-won.html

There were some sweet cards and then in the middle of the prize pack were some NY Giants NFL stickers. I didn't think much about them and left them out of the last post cause I figured they were nothing of interest to you guys. But when sorting those card and getting ready to put the stickers away,  there it was staring at me the letter A. My first reaction was...is this the right year? I couldn't believe it! Months and months of searching. At least 50+ sticker packets. And here it was staring at me from a prize lot unexpectedly.

So here are the final results. I went back onto Beckett Forum thanking that member profusely. Never thought it would happen but I did complete it. Now to wait for the prize that could range from shirts, tote bags, cards, stickers and more.

Have you ever tried searching down these letters and have you ever completed a word? Or have you even heard of this before? Let us know in comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment