Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Review: Panini Past& Present Basketball 2011-2012

First and foremost, we would like to thank Panini America for sending over this box for us to review. This is the first 2011-2012 Basketball break for us this year. We usually break some basketball looking for the top rookies and players.

But, I have gotta admit. From the outside to the inside...I love this product!!! However I am sorry that my camera was being stupid and took the pics sideways.

And as always...look for some giveaways from this product!

 Box Design: It not only feels and looks from the Past..but it also has a smell that reminds you of it. Very clever Panini!

Pack Design: Read box


Base Cards: 4 different designs. They all are very colorful and stand out. This is a product for the set collector!






Inserts: The inserts in this product ROCK!!! This is everything I love about inserts. Die cuts, nice designs and standout feel to them!! These remind me of 90's inserts at their best!! The pics DO NOT do these inserts justice!


Memorabilia: I love the big sized swatch. The design is nice and I like seeing the jersey piece being put off to the right of the card and not in the center as many companies do.



Autographs: Nice design. I love the mix of older players, with former vets and the rookie draft redemption card. The redemption card doesn't tell us who the player is. We must wait until October and a live draft will happen on the Panini blog The Knights Lance!

Overall:  Great designs. Awesome checklist. And the best, I said it, THE BEST inserts I have seen in a very, very long time. I would strongly recommend busting a box of this.

Ratings:  Bloggers Note: Our ratings are based specifically on the blaster, box or packs we opened and do not express what the overall product could bring.

Ratings based 1-5
                Packaging: 4
                Base Design: 5
                Insert Design: 6 (I know its up to 5..but these were sweet)
                Memorablila/Autographs: 4
                Blaster, Hobby Box, or Pack Value: 4

5 comments:

  1. Great looking product just might buy some of this

    ReplyDelete
  2. How much are boxes oing for?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really hope you put the Vin Baker auto up for a prize sometime because I would love to add that to my Baker PC-- numbering in the 100's-- but i am always looking for autos. Great review, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool "Past" design, and awesome inserts.

    ReplyDelete