Wednesday, April 11, 2012

How to store your Sports Cards: Part 1 Binders and 9 Card sheets



I like to use this type of  binder. The sturdiness keeps the cards really protected. In binders I usually put my favorite players, lower end rookies and inserts and my favorite team gets their own as well. Not to mention, you have got to use one for each sport you collect.

The plastic sheets below I have found are the best and most safest ones to use. There are a few other low end brands that work, but most of those are not very sturdy and your cards might warp in them over time. There are also low end ones where your cards will stick in them over time. I have found this out by experience. It took me many hours to get my cards out very slowly without taking the gloss off or damaging the card. I now only stay with  these knowing my cards will not get damaged. You can buy both of these items online.


1 comment:

  1. I have all my cards in Ultra Pro Platinum sheets in 1" binders. I prefer the thinner binders because they dont wind up too heavy to handle and look thru if i want to sit on the couch and go thru it. I find a bigger album needs to be placed on a table to look at due to weight. I also have giant rubber bands around the albums to keep them tight so the sheets and cards dont move around when i store them vertically. I used to store them horizontally on special shelves, but no more.
    arnie

    ReplyDelete