Sunday, March 11, 2012

Was Jeremy Lin built up Hobby Hype?

It's been a few weeks it feels like since Jeremy Lin owned the television set and every channel and highlight. Now, he is not on there anymore. ESPN's Sportscenter even mentioned his autograph Panini rookie card and what it was going for and how much it had increased.

Now, all feels like history. The dust has settled. The hype is over. Why I think this has happened, he has on and off games, has way too many turnovers, the Knicks are on a skid. However, despite the hype ending, his autographs still command way over $100 and plain rookies like Prestige still command a big penny.
I can say that I didn't buy into the hype. I didn't run out and buy up all of his rookies. I still don't own one. Not that I don't want to own one, I just feel he was built up too much and prices were way to high for a guy who hadn't completely shown himself yet. The best thing to do is wait for the prices to drop, the buy some.

What are your feelings about Jeremy Lin and do you think the hype will make its return? Did you buy into the hype and buy up all of his rookie and autograph cards?

No comments:

Post a Comment