Thursday, March 15, 2012

SI For Kids Cards

I don't know how all of you feel about these, but these cards are very collectible. If you go to ebay, you can come across a ton of these for sale. Especially the "rookie ones" of players that haven't played yet.
Andrew Luck's going for around $20

This has been a fad I believe since the 1996 Tiger Woods one. That one is still selling for an amazing amount. I found one on ebay going for $200! This is a magazine you can easily find and buy for either $5 or a subscription for $25 a year.

The one I believe started it all!
If you haven't seen how these cards come...

Full uncut sheets like this one that has a Tim Tebow "rookie" on it can go for $20 or more dollars as well

To be honest, I actually have a subscription to this magazine because of the cards. The reading isn't bad either and SI's photography is always nice to see even in a kids sports magazine, but the cards for me was the main draw. I would consider my 3 year collection in perfect mint condition. The card sheets are still in their magazines. Do I put a value on them? Probably not. But being the collector I am, everything is a collectible. Guess you can call me a Hoarder to some extent. But that's the kind of hoarding I like.

No comments:

Post a Comment