Friday, March 30, 2012

Review: Sage Hit Football 2012 low series blaster

Well, I get excited for the upcoming football card seasons and sometimes I get impatient and want cards of the new players now. This brand is an example of that. I do wish now I had waited til May when Panini releases Prestige, but here is the breakdown of this product for now. Sorry if I am a little negative about it. But there was nothing to be positive about. And I want to give you my honest opinion and that's what you will get on here with any product.



Box Design: Could be the best part of the product :) but the immediate draw is RG3 and the 2 autographs on the front box jumps out at you and grabs your attention to want to take it off the shelf. Sage did a very good job with that.

$$$ out of 5


Wrapper: Not so attractive. No player on it. No design. Nothing catchy autograph words or hits or anything. Very blah. If I saw this sitting on a shelf, I would have never grabbed or purchased it.

$ out of 5


Base: Dull, no action shots. No logos. No attempt. However first cards of Michael Floyd, RG3,  and Brandon Wheeden were nice.

$ out of 5

Inserts: N/A. That's right. They weren't available. I didn't get one parallel out of my blaster. Just base cards.


-$(thats right, a negative ;)out of 5



Memorabilia: N/A





Autographs: This is what everyone buys this product for. I got two no namers. The design however is not bad. And the autographs look unique. However I must point out the Alfonzo Dennard autograph. The sticker is crooked. The autograph is lazy as its just a scribble.

$$ out of 5

Overall: You knew this was coming. For desperation for new cards to come out. I bought it. But this will probably will be the last...for at least this year.....I also not only did not even get an insert, I couldn't even get a base set put together out of the box. There are 100 cards in a blaster. 75 in the set. I was at least 10 or more off from the set. I don't even believe with this particular blaster I didn't get back what I paid for it. I give you precaution when trying these, but if you want the first cards of the new draft class give it a try. Maybe you will get lucky and get a good autograph. Or a base set :)


2 comments:

  1. I bought a 2012 Sage Hit Football 20 pack blaster box today at Target.  I assumed I was going to get 2 rookie autographed cards and a chance at rare inserts and parallels in the packs.  I vot the autographs but I receiving single inserts or parallel card.  Apparently, others have experienced the same thing.  I have to say that if I knew that the packs only contained base cards I wouldn't have bought the blaster box.  Also, packing the 2 guaranteed autographs outside of the packs in their own see-through pack took the fun out pulling those cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is typical of the SAGE Hit blaster boxes/packs. Nothing new at all. The retail/blaster packs only contain base cards, in addition to the 2 autos guaranteed in each blaster box. Only the hobby packs/boxes contain other inserts and parallels.

    ReplyDelete